About LEET Carbon
As the COP26 of the Paris Agreement tightens its grip toward the 2030 goal, companies with high emissions (carbon emissions here includes all greenhouse gas emissions) need to face carbon regulation in order to access the appropriate markets for their products or meet the low-carbon requirements. For the public, increasing air pollution kills 7 million people globally and about 9 of the 10 people on earth breathe the highly polluted air. Further, as the urban population will reach 5.2 billion in 2050 and impacts of climate change are intensified, therefore, there is a critical and urgent need to solve all these problems at once. LEET CARBON positions itself as a problem solver using the data-driven and nature networking approaches.
LEET Carbon is a platform for carbon emitters and developers to search and buy carbon credits with a transparent Monitoring, Measurement, Reporting, and Verification System.LEET Carbon employs Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms to generate huge data of land cover and land use changes and to detect individual trees.It has four main functions in development.
1. Data of Land Cover and Land Use
LEET CARBON generates and stores the data of land cover and land use and individual trees at any location on earth over the last 40 years on the 5-30 m resolutions and these data are updated regularly.These data are important for land use planners, city planners, real estate developers, researchers, and more for a range of purposes from monitoring of land cover and land use changes, related biomass changes, carbon stock changes, and with a combination with additional information, our data can also be useful for climate smart agriculture development, ecosystem productivity assessment, crop yield prediction, and even for biodiversity conservation. Read about our Data as a Service.
2. Carbon Monitoring and LEET Certificate
Unlike existing standards that focus mainly on large-scale projects, LEET CARBON is used to monitor, measure, report, and verify carbon stocks, carbon stock changes (loss and gains) from individual farmers to large-scale projects, thereby eliminating the lengthy and costly third-party validation and verification. Our monitoring system is important for supporting small-scale forest restoration and conservation by the individual farmers and communities in addition to providing a transparent monitoring system at scale and speed from anywhere. Lack of a near real-time monitoring system has led to mistrust among carbon developers, carbon standards, and the public. Here is an example of the news about this mistrust: Read more.LEET CARBON monitors and match carbon emitters (factories of all sorts, power producers, shopping malls, travelers, etc.) with carbon protectors (farmers, communities, carbon project developers) at 5-30 resolutions on a near real-time basis so that both sides can monitor and question what is going on in the targeted forests or trees.
Accordingly, LEET Carbon will introduce its LEET Certificate for carbon buyers so that they can use it for whatever legal purposes it may serve. LEET Carbon will introduce its own carbon standard i.e. LEETCARE Standard with strict but simple criteria and indicators to support the small and medium scale forest restoration and conservation efforts by individual farmers and local communities. LEET Carbon provides services at small scale (single farmer to local community) with a total area from one tree up to 500 ha of land, medium scale from 501 ha to 5,000 ha of lands, and 5,001 ha and up. Where necessary, drone technologies are used for data validation and testing to provide better accuracy and to improve our ML/DL algorithms. Read about our Monitoring as service.
3. Nature Networking for Public Engagement
Apart from forest restoration and conservation, public engagement is very important to protect individual trees, forests, and biodiversity within their limited resources. Our Nature Networking is a mobile APP currently available on APP Store and Google Play Store.Users can name the trees anywhere to show their care of forest and climate change protection
Tree owners can also name and claim ownership of the trees.With a slogan of "Sharing means Caring", users can claim coupons, maintain the named trees in their profile, and share the recently named trees to social media. We believe that this approach will improve public awareness of the usefulness of the trees, and therefore we can stimulate public engagement in tree protection.
Download App Now
4. Decentralized Management of Trees and Forests at Scale
LEET CARBON will introduce blockchain technology as part of our decentralized management of trees and forests to optimize the benefits of local people and green producers. We call for support from the blockchain community to make this plan happen.
How LEET Carbon Works
- It generates and process satellite data on automation
- Million trees are tracked, and their health is analyzed
- Users are informed of the risk of fallen trees
- Users can name the unnamed trees for green rewards
- Carbon stocks and emissions are monitored and stored for user access
Benefits for Users
- Carbon emitters can offset their carbon emissions with LEET Certificate
- Individual farmers and local communities can obtain carbon revenues for their efforts to protect trees and forests
- Carbon developers at all scale can use LEET CARBON for monitoring their existing projects to increase transparency and trusts
- Carbon buyers and donors can monitor the forests they are supporting online
- City planners, real estate developers, scientists, and students can access the huge data of land cover and land use, and tree cover change for various purposes of their choice and much more
Below is a link to land cover and land use data in Bangkok over the last 40 years. There is no charge for this access.
Showcases and Awards
Our team has been providing professional trainings, publishing high-impact peer-reviewed papers, organizing and attending international conferences, and receiving the awards.
- We won the Hitachi Innovation Challenge for Carbon Management 2022
- We are in the Top 25 Finalists of the DEPA Smart City Accelerator program in 2021
- We won the HERE Technology #HackForBetterDays Award in 2020
- We won the Google Tech Award during the Geo for Good Summit in 2019 at the Google headquarter, Silicon Valley, California, United States
- We worked with the early adopter at Suphatra Land, Rayong, and Phetchabun Thailand
- We were also on the finalists for the Innovations 100X Pitching Competition
Our technologies are based on the results of our years of research and teaching. We published many peer-reviewed papers here.See more
Our team members have many years of experiences in advanced mapping; spatial data analytics; natural resources assessment, monitoring, and management; land use and land cover assessment; forest carbon monitoring, measurement, reporting, and verification; biodiversity conservation; technovation for sustainability; and online digital marketing and offline internet marketing.
Dr.Manjunatha VenkatappaCEO and Founder
Phaka PhakhamFounding Member and CMO
Surya KarriFounding Member and CTO
Prof.Takuji W.TsusakaCarbon Credits Advisor
Dr.Theo EbbersNature-based Solutions Advisor
Dr.Sundar VenkateshBusiness Advisor
Chotchai BuaditProject Coordinator
Rayong Agroforestry Carbon Project
Chompol PanjanProject Coordinator
Phetchabun Agroforestry Carbon Project
Panatda SukkhumUX/UI Designer
Jiachun HuangUrban Data Analytics
Nicha PasaUX/UI Designer
Karuna BudhathokiTree Carbon Research
Alisa KhmnakUrban Emission Research
LEET Carbon is the product of the LEET Intelligence Co. Ltd.,. We can be reached through the contacts below.